- The Southernmost corner of The Netherlands; where the Belgian, German, and Dutch markets intersect
- Direct proximity to leading trade shows in metropoles such as Düsseldorf, Cologne and Brussels
- A powerhouse region of leading university hospitals in clinical care and medical research
- A strategic location for pan-European warehousing, logistics, and fulfillment especially for Medtech
- Hands on business mentality ensuring productive legal, accounting, and tax solutions.
We provide you with the information and support you need
LIOF is the regional development and investment company responsible for the Dutch province of Limburg. We are a governmental agency and our services are free of charge.
Our core activities
- We help local small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) with innovative ideas, business plans, financing requests and we can provide venture capital
- We help foreign entrepreneurs to establish in Limburg to access and/or service the European market
- We also help local businesses and foreign companies with cross-border cooperation and international trade.
These core activities have resulted in an extensive LIOF network of public and private contacts, that we refer to as "The Essentials".
We connect you with the right service providers
Full service Medical Device CRO services - supporting your regulatory, quality and clinical needs; from R&D to market access. Also included Authorized Reprsentatives services under the MDR and IVDR Regulations.
To provide you with practical information about the reimbursement landscape in the various countries; how your medical device fits within the landscape and guidance on strategy for market access in relation to reimbursement.
R&D and clinical sites Partners
Leading research and clinical in Heart & Vascular, Orthopedics & Spine, and Regenerative Medicine with synergetical capabilities in Maastricht (MUMC+), and close by Aachen (Klinikum), Liège (Hospital), and Eindhoven (Maxima, Catharina).
Limburg and the crossborder region boasts a wealth of specialized SME companies with expertise in development and manufacturing of medical related electro-mechanical products, medical materials & specialty coatings and assembly work.
Marketing, Sales & Distribution Channel partners
To assist in analyzing European markets, developing marketing strategies, as well as to select and manage distributors and distribution channels to achieve structural and sustainable growth.
Warehousing, Logistics & Fulfillment Partners
Custom third-party logistics, temperature, controlled warehousing, fulfillment, and freight management solutions as well as back office support services.
Tax and Accounting Partners
To ensure that you meet all your tax, accounting and legal requirements in the Netherlands and key target countries.
Expat affairs and staff recruitment
The Expat Centre Maastricht provide an efficient transition process - for individuals and businesses alike. As for staff search & recruitment of clinical staff, business developers and sales reps and specialized agencies at hand for targeted local sourcing.
And on top of all this we offer you access to our large Life Sciences & Health network and Technology programs and Venture Capital partners.
Let LIOF be your guide!
Limburg is a unique part of the Netherlands. In addition to its unique, three countries setting, it also differs greatly in its natural landscape and urban areas to the rest of the Netherlands, with the Maastricht region being the top destination for Dutch and international visitors.
Get to meet us and our network partners and kickstart your business in Europe!
How does it work?
In order to understand your business and what is relevant to you, we kindly ask you to fill out the intake-form. Then, as a first step, nothing keeps you from coming over to the Netherlands for your tailor-made Limburg fact finding tour!