- The Southernmost corner of The Netherlands; where the Belgian, German and Dutch markets intersect
- The Brigthlands Chemelot Campus, is dynamic epicenter of innovation. They drive progress in, plastics, chemicals, biochemicals, biomedical, material breakthroughs, and sustainable manufacturing processes
- Direct proximity to leading trade shows in metropoles such as Hannover, Berlin and Brussels
- Chemelot Industrial Park aims to be completely carbon-neutral by 2050 aiming mainly at hydrogen as they will be part of the Deltacorridor
- A strategic location for pan-European warehousing, logistics and fulfillment especially for linking your Chemical and/or Material supply chain
- Hands on business mentality ensuring productive legal, accounting and tax solutions.
LIOF provides you with the information and support you need
LIOF is the regional development and investment company responsible for the Dutch province of Limburg. We are a governmental agency and our services are free of charge.
Our core activities
- We help local small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) with innovative ideas, business plans, financing requests and we can provide venture capital
- We help foreign entrepreneurs to establish in Limburg to access and/or service the European market
- We also help local businesses and foreign companies with cross-border cooperation and international trade.
These core activities have resulted in an extensive LIOF network of public and private contacts, that we refer to as "The Essentials".
We connect you with the right service providers
Sustainable materials research institutes
Aachen-Maastricht Institute for Biobased materials (AMIBM) focuses on the development of biobased materials as building blocks for commercial sustainable product application and use. Next to this we have the Brightlands Materials Center (BMM) which is an open application driven research center on thermoplastic composites with focus on technology development for continuous fiber additive manufacturing and production process development for lightweight, structural freeform parts. Both very well connected to Maastricht University faculty of Science and Engineering.
The Brightlands Chemelot campus offers a wealth of expertise and state-of-the-art equipment in the field of materials used in additive manufacturing. These materials encompass filament, granulate, powder, and photo polymers, making it a hub of innovation and excellence in this cutting-edge industry.
Quality assurance partners
Intertek is a service company that offers test, inspection and certification services for a wide range of industries. At the Chemelot Industrial Park they have Intertek Polychemlab which is specialized in the chemical and plastics industry.
Experimental and first product testing
Collaboration with knowledge institutes happens through the Chemelot Innovation and Learning Labs (CHILL). This is a innovative learning, work and research environment where companies (from start-up to multinationals) and knowledge institutes (from intermediate vocational education institutes to universities) can work together to develop new knowledge and new products.
Warehousing and logistics of specialty chemicals
Custom third-party logistics, fulfillment, and freight management solutions as well as back office support services specialized on chemicals and materials.
Tax and Accounting partners
To ensure that you meet all your tax, accounting and legal requirements in the Netherlands and key target countries.
Expat affairs and staff recruitment
The Expat Centre Maastricht helps you and gives you insight in the necessary procedures with regard to permits. And brings you in contact with partners for staff search & recruitment of clinical staff, business developers and sales reps. They are also in contact with specialized agencies for targeted local sourcing.
And on top of this we offer you access to our large Chemicals & Materials ecosystem and Technology programs as well as Venture Capital partners.
Let LIOF be your guide!
Limburg is a unique part of the Netherlands. In addition to its unique, three countries setting, it also differs greatly in its natural landscape and urban areas to the rest of the Netherlands, with the Maastricht region being the top destination for Dutch and international visitors.
Get to meet us and our network partners and kickstart your business in Europe!
How does it work?
In order for us to understand your business and what is relevant to you, we kindly ask you to fill out the intake-form. Then, as a first step, nothing keeps you from coming over to the Netherlands for your tailor-made Limburg fact finding tour!